Topic: Making data accessible to our communities
The Data Discussion Group provides a space for all members of the community who are actively involved in, or have an interest in data-related activities to:
- Learn about and discuss data-related policies, best practices, tools, resources, and innovations;
- Share their knowledge, skills, experiences, and challenges related to working with data;
- Discuss topics pertaining to all aspects of the data lifecycle including data creation, acquisition, manipulation, access, storage, and re-use, and providing data services consultations;
- Promote their data-related projects, activities, services, resources, and discoveries; and
- Network and collaborate with colleagues who are engaged in similar or complementary data activities.
This group considers all categories of data and all methods of engaging with data to be in-scope, including working with:
- Research data and self-produced data;
- Collections-as-data and data-as-collections; and
- Datasets acquired or purchased for use by the Harvard community.
Participants of all backgrounds, interests, and skill levels are welcome and are encouraged to propose topics of interest for future meetings.
Join us on Slack at: #datatalk