Final_v2_rev3_final_FINAL.docx got you down? Version tracking, or version control, is the management of changes to any file or document. Version control is like a savings program for your project. Implementing a file versioning strategy at the beginning of your research project will help to avoid confusion amongst collaborators and avoid lost time and effort trying to recover the "right" version of a file.
This virtual session will review a few ways for tracking different versions of a file, focusing on using git for version control.
- Recognize why version control is useful
- Identify ways to implement version control
- Distinguish between Git and GitHub
- Demonstrate the basics of how Git works
- Find additional training and get help
Instructor: Julie Goldman, Research Data Services, Countway Library, email@example.com
Please register below to receive the Zoom webinar instructions.